Welcome to our Blended Learning page. Below you’ll find all the critical information about how It Takes a Village Academy is changing the way we operate to reduce the risk of COVID infection. We are doing everything we can to make sure staff, students, and families are safe. Please check back regularly, as we will update the information here as conditions change.
Last updated: September 4, 2020
If you have any questions, please reach out to Parent Coordinator Charmaine Dixon at firstname.lastname@example.org
718-629-2307 x 165
5800 Tilden Ave Brooklyn, NY 11203
ITAVA Technology Help
If you are experiencing any technical issues with your DOE issued device, please feel free to contact our ITAVA technology support team:
Sunil Folborg - 347-460-0512
2020-21 Bell Schedule with Synchronous Instruction Times
Synchronous Instruction Time
|Period 1||8:30 am||9:11 am||8:30 am - 9:00 am|
|Period 2||9:11 am||9:52 am||9:11 am - 9:41 am|
|Period 3||9:52 am||10:33 am||9:52 am - 10:22 am|
(Official Attendance-Taking Period)
|10:33 am||11:14 am||10:33 am - 11:03 am|
|Period 5||11:14 am||11:55 am||11:14 am - 11:44 am|
|Period 6||11:55 am||12:36 pm||11:55 am - 12:25 pm|
|Period 7||12:36 pm||1:17 pm||12:36 pm - 1:06 pm|
|Period 8||1:17 pm||1:58 pm||1:17 pm - 1:47 pm|
SY 2020-21 Marking Period Start & End Dates
|Marking Period||Begin Date||End Date|
|Marking Period||Begin Date||End Date|
LUNCH TIME CHAT WITH MRS. CORREA
Join Google Classroom
Follow the Instructions for Joining Google Classroom to join your Google classroom for each of your content-area courses.
We have put safety procedures in place to keep our students and staff healthy.
- Masks: Masks must be worn at all times by all adults and students in the building.
- Hand washing: Students and staff are expected to wash hands thoroughly before and after eating, after using the bathroom, if exposed to body fluids (like saliva or a sneeze), and at other times necessary throughout the day.
- Social Distancing: Social distancing is required at all times. Please maintain social distancing between families during drop-off and pickup. Parents are not allowed to enter the building.
- Illness: Students and staff exhibiting signs of illness or having a fever of greater than 99.9°F must stay home and notify the school. If you or someone you know has COVID-19 (or shows symptoms of COVID-19 such as coughing or fever), it is required that you quarantine for a minimum of 14 days and notify the school.
- Directions for local COVID testing: Please visit the NYS Coronavirus Find a Test Site page to find a test site closest to you.
We are committed to making sure that all students can successfully connect to online learning during their at-home learning days.
- For technical assistance, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Call Sunil Folborg 347-460-0512 or Carl McKie 929-324-6989
- If your child needs a laptop or tablet for remote learning contact Ms. Dixon, Parent Coordinator 347-455-0212 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- If your children experience internet-connectivity issues with their iPads, they can request help through the Technical Support for Families form.
- Borrowed devices should be used for school purposes only and kept in a secure location. Take your device with you on in-school days.
- If you are not able to get internet hooked up in your home, your child's teacher will work with you to provide alternative offline assignments.
Remote Learning Expectations
During hybrid or 100% remote learning, your child is expected to complete all assignments provided by the teacher. At the same time, we recognize that working independently at home is different and difficult for many students, so we want to provide flexibility.
- Students and families should check Google Classroom daily for important updates from their teachers.
- When signing in for virtual classes or meetings, students are expected to be on time, appropriately dressed, and ready to learn. We suggest signing in 5 minutes before class starts. Please try to reduce background noise and distractions as much as possible.